lunes, 18 de marzo de 2013

The Calling

I'm in love with a Nepalese princess karate
Her lithe frame moves swiftly when crossing the floor
Her silk and steel glance sweeping airily my way
No pretext for presence I reach for the door

She loves me not, chasten my day-blind dreaming
But what? For a reason she hurries away?
Averting her gaze rather shyly I pardon
her surface of cool and the arrogant sway

Her trembling hand almost dropping the parcel
The counter between us is mumbling in tongues
She looks around hoping that no one has seen us,
a tension we have to endure for how long?

I hand her the money, she smiles like a flower
My vision is drenched. Effervescence! Gloom!
I have no excuse for staying an hour
with villagers already crowding the room

Deep calling to deep by the thundering waters
of uncharted oceans so waste and so wide
Thou reachest far into my innermost quarters,
my breath will resume with the turn of the tide

The desperate moment we reach for our senses
though brief, beyond measure the weight of it seems
That no one may know the undisclosed treasure
we hope we can visit tonight in our dreams

2 comentarios: