sábado, 8 de septiembre de 2012

SONNET XVII



I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

5 comentarios:

  1. beautiful,i like your blog,good luck:)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Originally posted by djgaga1:Dragana Gligoricdjgaga1 # Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:16:28 PMbeautiful,i like your blog,good luck:)Thank you Dragana for the visit and comment

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Originally posted by wooj:Woowooj # Saturday, September 8, 2012 7:54:25 PMGood Night I came as a stranger; as a stranger now I leave. The flowers of May oncewelcomed me warmly; a young girl spoke of love, her mother even of marriage.Now all is bleak--the pathway covered with snow.The time of departure is not mine to choose; I must find my way alone inthis darkness. With the shadow of the moon at my side, I search for traces ofwildlife in the white snow.Why should I linger and give them reason to send me away? Let stray houndshowl outside their master's house. Love likes to wander from one to another,as if God willed it so. My darling, farewell.A quiet step, a careful shutting of the door so your sleep is not disturbed,and two words written on the gate as I leave, "Good night," to let you know Ithought of you.by Wilhelm Müller

    ResponderEliminar
  4. :) thank Emma, who would choose a girl name for the next daughter .. lol - maggie and milly and molly and may

    ResponderEliminar
  5. EE Cummings - maggie and milly and molly and maymaggie and milly and molly and maywent down to the beach(to play one day)and maggie discovered a shell that sangso sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles,andmilly befriended a stranded starwhose rays five languid fingers were;and molly was chased by a horrible thingwhich raced sideways while blowing bubbles:andmay came home with a smooth round stoneas small as the world and as large as alone.For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)it's always ourselves we find in the sea

    ResponderEliminar