sábado, 8 de septiembre de 2012

SONNET XXI



Love, how often I loved you without seeing without remembering you-
not recognizing your glance, not knowing you, a gentian
in the wrong place, scorching in the hot noon,
but I loved only the smell of the wheat.

Or maybe I saw you, imagined you lifting a wineglass
in Angol, by the light of the summer's Moon;
or were you the waist of that guitar I strummed
in the shadows, the one that rang like an impetuous sea?

I loved you without knowing I did; I searched to remember you.
I broke into houses to steal your likeness,
though I already knew what you were like. And, suddenly,

when you were there with me I touched you, and my life
stopped: you stood before me, you took dominion like a queen:
like a wildfire in the forest, and the flame is your dominion.

5 comentarios:

  1. ...../And I have known the eyes already, known them all— The eyes that fix you in a formulated phrase, And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin, When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall, Then how should I begin To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways? And how should I presume? And I have known the arms already, known them all— Arms that are braceleted and white and bare [But in the lamplight, downed with light brown hair!] Is it perfume from a dress That makes me so digress? Arms that lie along a table, or wrap about a shawl. And should I then presume? And how should I begin? ..../

    ResponderEliminar
  2. :rolleyes: :happy: :flirt:

    ResponderEliminar
  3. ok Emma :D that is some % the picture scene .. ok now .. I go to see the other sonnet .. lol

    ResponderEliminar
  4. A good reading section taken from TS Eliot - The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock :-... / In the room the women come and goTalking of Michelangelo. And indeed there will be timeTo wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?"Time to turn back and descend the stair,With a bald spot in the middle of my hair -(They will say: "How his hair is growing thin!")My morning coat, my collar mounting firmly to the chin,My necktie rich and modest, but asserted by a simple pin - (They will say: "But how his arms and legs are thin!")Do I dareDisturb the universe?In a minute there is timeFor decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse. For I have known them all already, known them all -Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;I know the voices dying with a dying fallBeneath the music from a farther room. So how should I presume? ... /

    ResponderEliminar