viernes, 10 de mayo de 2013

If You Forget Me


I want you to know
one thing.
You know how this is:
if I look
at the crystal moon,
at the red branch
of the slow autumn
at my window,
if I touch
near the fire
the impalpable ash
or the wrinkled body
of the log,
everything carries me
to you,
as if everything that
exists,
aromas, light, metals,
were little boats
that sail
toward those isles of
yours that wait for
me.
Well, now,
if little by little you

stop loving me
I shall stop loving you
little by little.
If suddenly
you forget me
do not look for me,
for I shall already
have forgotten you.
If you think it long
and mad,
the wind of banners
that passes through
my life,
and you decide
to leave me at the
shore
of the heart where I
have roots,
remember
that on that day,
at that hour,
I shall lift my arms
and my roots will set
off
to seek another land.
But
if each day,
each hour,
you feel that you are
destined for me
with implacable
sweetness,
if each day a flower
climbs up to your lips
to seek me,
ah my love, ah my
own,
in me all that fire is
repeated,
in me nothing is
extinguished or
forgotten,
my love feeds on
your love, beloved,
and as long as you
live it will be in your
arms
without leaving mine.

- Pablo Neruda

4 comentarios:

  1. I really like this Sagar, thank you for sharing.:up: :up: :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like very much Pablo Neruda my dear friendThank you for share this wonderful poemof He with Us.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thanks pablo is great thanks for sharing with us

    ResponderEliminar
  4. thank you dear friends for your wonderlful comments...

    ResponderEliminar